Saturday, February 6, 2010

A pressssstigious award!

Thanks so much, Missy for nominating me for this award!  First ever blog award:


"The instructions that go along with this award are as follows:* Thank the person who nominated you for this award.* Copy the award and place it in your blog.* Link the person who nominated you for this award.* Tell us 7 interesting things about you.* Nominate 7 bloggers.* Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate. "

1.  I love to listen to all kinds of music except country, which most people find strange that an Okie doesn't like country music.  My absolute favorite decade for music is the 60's, closely followed by the 90's.

2.  Growing up, my family didn't get into competitive sports activities.  Instead we were extremely competitive musicians.  I was doing piano contests from 5th-12th grade, and started doing voice contests in high school.  All my hard work payed off my senior year when I won state contest for vocal solo and piano concerto.

3.  Part of the reason I never played sports (except required basketball in 5th & 6th grade....*shudder*) is because my motor coordination has always really sucked.  I used to dread being called in class to demonstrate something that required good coordination and I always got made fun of in P.E.

4.  I grew up in the country and we always had a lot of pets including cats, dogs, rabbits, and ducks.  Now I sometimes wish we had a dog, but DH refuses to have cats or dogs as pets.  But we may consider someday getting a rabbit, turtles, or a bearded dragon.  He's said maybe he wants a pet snake and I say NO WAY! ;)

5.  DH and I love to travel: sight-seeing road trips are kind of our mutual addiction! I haven't been out of the country yet :( but so far we have been to Corpus Christi, Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area, Grand Canyon, and last summer we traveled a lot of places in CA.  This May we're planning on driving to MN (where my Grandma and some other relatives live).

6.  We also love food: cooking and trying out different kinds of food.  DH has become quite an expert at Bengali/Indian food, and I like to cook Mexican or Italian style.  Plus we always like to add to our repertoire of different meats we've eaten.  Other than the usual stuff (including different kinds of fish), I've had: bison, deer, antelope, elk, ostrich, quail, duck, goose, goat, rabbit, shark, alligator, and rattlesnake. 

7.  I'm addicted to crossword and variety puzzles.  My favorites are diagramless crosswords and logic problems, but I personally think Sudokus are overrated.  :)


Well I unfortunately don't have enough people to nominate 7.  I nominate Missy and Alison, but I know you guys have already done this one :)

Also nominating:
Kassidy
Emmy
Ruby



No comments:

Post a Comment